SECTION .0900 ‑ APPROVAL OF SUN SCREENING DEVICES
19A NCAC 03D .0901 PURPOSE AND DEFINITIONS
This Section establishes rules for and provides information for sun screening devices. The following definitions define terms used in this Section:
(1) "Sun screening film" means products or materials designed to be used in conjunction with approved vehicle safety glazing materials for the purpose of reducing the effects of the sun.
(2) "Luminous reflectance" and "light transmittance" as referred to in these Rules are in the visible light range.
(3) "Reflectance" means the ratio of the amount of total light, expressed in percentages, which is reflected outward by the device to the amount of total light falling on the device.
(4) "Transmittance" means the ratio of the amount of total light, expressed in percentages, which is allowed to pass through the device including the glazing to the amount of total light falling on the device and the glazing.
(5) "Manufacturer" means any person engaged in the manufacturing or assembling of sun screening devices designed to be used in conjunction with vehicle glazing materials.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑39; 20‑127;
Eff. January 1, 1988;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1994.