SECTION .0600 ‑ DRIVER EDUCATION PROGRAM
19A NCAC 03G .0601 DRIVER EDUCATION AND SAFETY PROGRAM INFORMATION
(a) The School Bus and Traffic Safety Section provides a number of driver education programs, safety programs, work books and course materials, safety literature and safety films to interested groups. These materials are available on loan to groups that present the programs on their own or, upon request, a driver education specialist will present the program.
(b) Some of the courses offered are:
(1) defensive driving course (National Safety Council);
(2) presentations on general traffic safety subjects;
(3) school bus passenger safety;
(4) bicycle, mini‑bike and pedestrian training;
(5) basic driver education program.
(c) Information concerning course content, scheduling and an index of safety films (approximately 250 titles) is available from:
School Bus and Traffic Safety Section
Division of Motor Vehicles
1100 New Bern Avenue
Raleigh, North Carolina 27697.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑1; 20‑3; 20-39(b);
Eff. July 1, 1978;
Amended Eff. November 1, 1991; February 1, 1982.