19A NCAC 03J .0303 CLASSROOM FACILITY
The classroom facility shall meet the following minimum requirements:
(1) A minimum overall size of not less than 120 square feet (which includes at least 70 square feet for the instructor and his equipment and at least 12 square feet for each student).
(2) Lighting, heating, and ventilation systems that are in compliance with all state and local laws and ordinances including, but not limited to, zoning, public health, safety, and sanitation.
(3) Seats and writing surfaces for all students; blackboards visible from all seats; charts, diagrams, mock‑ups, and pictures relating to the operation of motor vehicles, traffic laws, physical forces, and correct driving procedures; a copy of the Driver's Handbook published by the Division for each student; and other textbooks deemed necessary by the instructor.
(4) Restroom facilities sufficient for the class size must be provided.
(5) Covered shelter must be provided for students when on the field range to protect them from the weather when not driving.
(6) Seminar only courses must provide seats and writing surfaces for all students and printed instructional materials deemed necessary by the instructor. Seminars may be conducted at any location meeting the requirements in this Rule provided prior notice is given to and approval is given by the Enforcement Section.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑320 through 20‑328;
Eff. May 1, 1987;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1994; February 1, 1991.