SECTION .0600 – CONTRACTS
19a ncac 03J .0601 REQUIREMENTS
Commercial driver training school contracts for students are required if the course of instruction contracted for by the student is a refresher course or a course of 160 hours or more. The contract shall contain, but is not limited to, the following information:
(1) The agreed total contract charges and full terms of payment thereof.
(2) The number, nature, time, and extent of lessons contracted for, including:
(a) minimum hours of instruction as required in Rule .0306 of this Subchapter;
(b) rate for use of school vehicle for a driver's license road test, if an extra charge is made.
(3) A statement which reads substantially as follows: "This agreement constitutes the entire contract between the school and the student, and any verbal assurances or promises not contained herein shall bind neither the school nor the student."
(4) A statement which reads as follows: "This school is licensed by the State of North Carolina, Division of Motor Vehicles."
(5) A statement which reads as follows: "If you, as a student, are unable to settle a dispute with the school, please direct your grievances to the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles, Enforcement Section, 1100 New Bern Avenue, Raleigh, North Carolina 27697‑0001."
History Note: Authority G.S. 20-320; 20‑321; 20‑322; 20-323;
Eff. May 1, 1987;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2002; August 1, 1998; January 1, 1994; February 1, 1991; May 1, 1990.