19A NCAC 03K .0102 ADMINISTRATIVE HEARING FEE SCHEDULE
(a) The Division shall assess the following administrative hearing fees, pursuant to Rule .0101 of this Subchapter:
(1) sixty dollars ($60.00) for a hearing related to a lapse in financial responsibility conducted pursuant G.S. 20-316;
(2) forty dollars ($40.00) for a conference to determine the applicant's eligibility to attend drive improvement clinic as provided by G.S. 20-16;
(3) seventy-five dollars ($75.00) for an ignition interlock mouth contaminant review to determine compliance with the requirements of the Ignition Interlock Program and of a conditional restoration agreement with the Division;
(4) seventy dollars ($70.00) for ignition interlock medical accommodation reviews;
(5) one hundred dollars ($100.00) for all other license suspension or revocation hearings not listed in Subparagraphs (6) through (12) of this Paragraph including hearings held pursuant to G.S. 20-13 and 20-16;
(6) four hundred fifty dollars ($450.00) for hearings conducted for violations of an alcohol concentration restriction (ACR), violation of an ignition interlock device restriction, or refusal to submit to a chemical analysis;
(7) two hundred dollars ($200.00) for a financial responsibility hearing conducted pursuant to the provisions of the Motor Vehicle Safety-Responsibility Act of 1953;
(8) two hundred dollars ($200.00) for a hearing related to a commercial driver license (CDL) disqualification;
(9) two hundred dollars ($200.00) for a restoration hearing related to a license suspension due to driving while license revoked or moving violation;
(10) two hundred twenty-five dollars ($225.00) for an interview held prior to a license restoration hearing in situations involving alcohol-related convictions, suspensions, or revocations;
(11) four hundred twenty-five dollars ($425.00) for a license restoration hearing related to driving while impaired (DWI) conducted pursuant to G.S. 20-19;
(12) two hundred twenty dollars ($220.00) for hearings conducted to determine compliance with the requirements of probation or restoration agreement with the Division;
(13) two hundred dollars ($200.00) for a motor vehicle dealer license or salesman license hearing conducted pursuant to G.S. 20-295 and 20-296;
(14) two hundred dollars ($200.00) for a mechanic license or inspection station license hearing conducted pursuant to G.S. 20-183.8G;
(15) two hundred dollars ($200.00) for a commercial driver training school hearing;
(16) fifty dollars ($50.00) for a hearing related to the denial of a service offered by the Division; and
(17) a filing fee in the amount of six hundred dollars ($600.00) shall be due from a party initiating an action that must be filed with the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles pursuant to G.S. 20-308.1. In addition to the filing fee, a party that files a motion in the case shall be assessed a fee of six hundred dollars ($600.00) per motion that shall be payable at the time the motion is filed.
(b) No fees shall be charged for medical evaluation hearings or competency hearings conducted pursuant to G.S. 20-9(g)(4) or G.S. 20-17.1.
History Note: Authority S.L. 2015-241, s. 29.30A; S.L. 2014-100, s. 34.9; S.L. 2017-57, s. 34.32(a),(b),(c),(d);
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 1, 2018. (Codifier's Note: This Rule shall remain in effect until the permanent rule that replaces the temporary rule becomes effective. See S.L. 2017-57, s. 34.32(c)).