19A NCAC 06B .0410 APPLICATION EVALUATION
The Department shall evaluate the following when recommending rail projects to the Board of Transportation for approval:
(1) Employment created by the project during the first two years;
(2) Capital investment in the project during the first two years;
(3) Annual rail traffic created by the project;
(4) Whether the project is served by a shortline railroad; and
(5) Impact on local or regional income or economic development.
History Note: Authority G.S. 136-44.36; 143B-348;
Eff. April 30, 1997;
Amended Eff. April 1, 1999;
Readopted Eff. December 1, 2016.