21 NCAC 06K .0113         Military spouses

(a)  An individual who is currently licensed as a barber in another state, is the spouse of a person serving in the military, and wants to apply to become a registered barber in this State shall provide the following, unless he or she wants to apply under another provision in G.S. 86A for licensure as a registered barber:

(1)           the Form BAR-12 as set forth in 21 NCAC 06N .0113; and

(2)           a certification letter from the applicant's out-of-state agency of the applicant's licensure in that state.

(b)  The applicant shall instead apply for out-of-state licensure under G.S. 86A-12 and Rule .0104 of this Section if the certification letter required by Subparagraph (a)(2) of this Rule does not show that the applicant:

(1)           completed at least 1,500 hours of barber school training; and

(2)           has been licensed as a barber for at least one of the five years preceding the date of application.

(c)  After being approved under this Rule, the applicant shall submit the fee set forth in 21 NCAC 06N .0101(a)(21).

(d)  Upon request by the applicant, the Board shall issue one temporary permit for the applicant to work as a registered barber for 90 days while the applicant gathers the documents required by this Rule.


History Note:        Authority G.S. 86A-1; 86A-3; 86A-11; 86A-12; 86A-25; 93B-15.1;

Eff. April 1, 2017;

Temporary Amendment Eff. May 2, 2023;

Temporary Amendment Exp. Eff. February 9, 2024.