21 NCAC 06I .0105 APPRENTICE BARBER
(a) A student who has trained in another state may take the examination to become a registered apprentice barber provided:
(1) he proves satisfactorily to the Board that his hours of training in the out‑of‑state barber school are the substantive equivalent to those in North Carolina;
(2) he provides proof of completion of barber school training;
(3) he completes and furnishes to the Board Form BAR‑7;
(4) he pays the required fee according to 21 NCAC 06N .0101; and
(5) he furnishes a copy of any court record involving a felony conviction.
(b) An applicant who has trained in another state and who is licensed in another state shall report this to the Board. In determining whether the applicant has the required training to be an apprentice barber, the Board shall consider experience as a licensed barber in another state. An applicant licensed in another state must provide certified verification of the licensure from the out‑of‑state licensing Board.
(c) The Board does not recognize any training obtained through on the job training and any such experience shall be made up in an approved North Carolina barber school before obtaining a license or sitting for an exam.
Authority G.S. 86A‑5; 86A‑18; 86A‑24; 86A‑25;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. February 8, 1978;
Amended Eff. March 1, 1983;
Legislative Objection Lodged Eff. March 7, 1983;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2008; May 1, 1989.