21 NCAC 08A .0310 DIRECT SUPERVISION DEFINED
"Direct supervision" means:
(1) having jurisdiction and oversight authority over the process of planning, coordinating, guiding, inspecting, controlling, and evaluating on a continuing basis the activities and accomplishments of the employees under one's command;
(2) having the power of direction and decision in implementing activities to meet the objectives of one's stewardship;
(3) having authority delegated by higher management to hire, transfer, suspend, recall, promote, assign, or discharge an employee under one's charge or to recommend such action through the proper administrative chain of command;
(4) having authority to supervise the employee in the usual line of authority unrestricted by multiple positions of influence; and
(5) having authority to verify the employee's experience in a notarized experience affidavit.
History Note: Authority G.S. 93-12(5);
Eff. May 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. April 1, 1999;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. October 28, 2014.