21 NCAC 08B .0307 CONTROL OF RULE‑MAKING HEARINGS
(a) The presiding officer of a rule-making hearing shall have complete control of the proceedings including the following:
(1) extension of any deadlines,
(2) rescheduling a hearing time, as announced at the published hearing, and continuation of any hearing,
(3) limitations for individual presentations,
(4) recognition of speakers, and
(5) direction of the flow of discussion and the management of the hearing.
(b) The presiding officer at all times shall take care that each person participating in the hearing is given a fair opportunity to present views, data and comments.
History Note: Authority G.S. 93-12; 150B-11(1); 150B-12(d);
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. September 26, 1977;
Amended Eff. May 1, 1989;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. October 28, 2014.