SECTION .0400 - LICENSURE OF INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY
21 NCAC 14I .0401 APPLICATION/LICENSURE/INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF FELONY
(a) Any applicant convicted of a felony or charged with a felony that is still pending may apply for Board approval upon enrollment in a cosmetic art school. All documentation submitted shall have no effect on an individual's ability to attend a cosmetic art school, take an examination administered by the Board, or apply for a license.
(b) The applicant shall supply the following;
(1) a statement of facts of the crime, accompanied by a certified copy of the indictment (or, in the absence of an indictment, a copy of the "information" that initiated the formal judicial process), the judgment and any commitment order for each felony for which there has been a conviction;
(2) at least three letters attesting to the applicant's character from individuals unrelated by blood or marriage;
(3) a summary of the applicant's personal history since conviction including, if applicable, date of release, parole or probation status, employment, and military service;
(4) records of any cosmetology, esthetics, natural hair care, or manicurist school disciplinary actions; or a statement from the school indicating no disciplinary actions were taken; and
(5) any other information that in the opinion of the applicant would be useful or pertinent to the consideration by the Board of the applicant's request.
History Note: Authority G.S. 88B-4; 88B-24(1);
Eff. June 1, 1995;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2014; September 1, 2010; December 1, 2008; April 1, 2001; August 1, 1998;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 13, 2015.