21 NCAC 14T .0102 New School Applications
(a) Persons desiring to operate a cosmetic art school in the state of North Carolina must make application for licensure and a letter of approval by submitting to the Board the Board's School Application. School applications must be submitted complete with:
(1) Proof of bond as required by G.S. 88B-17;
(2) Diagram with location of equipment placement and marking square footage of all areas including classrooms, dispensary, water supplies, stations, locker room/dressing room, office areas, reception areas and restroom facilities;
(3) Course curriculum for each cosmetic art discipline and teacher trainee program to be taught in the school;
(4) Plans for record keeping of student hours, minimum course requirement qualifications, and student performances;
(5) Evaluation plans for the assignment of performance services, the qualifications for passing a performance requirement and techniques for grading of performances;
(6) Handbook for students containing student policies on attendance, leave of absence policy, performance assignment, and a plan to assist students to achieve the required minimum hours and performances;
(7) A raised seal identifying the school name and physical location to be used on all Board forms, reports, and other official papers;
(8) Documentation of local municipality electrical and plumbing approval; and
(9) School operation schedule including days, hours and observed holidays.
(b) The Board shall not approve an application for a license until all plans, furniture, supplies and equipment as prescribed by the rules in this Subchapter have been installed.
(c) The Board shall issue a license to any cosmetic art school that meets the requirements of this Subchapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 88B-2; 88B-4; 88B-16; 88B-17;
Eff. January 1, 2012.