21 NCAC 14T .0614 INTERNSHIPS
Schools and cosmetic art shops desiring to implement an internship program shall follow these requirements:
(1) Schools wishing to participate in an internship program must notify the Board of intent to implement a program before credit for an internship may be granted. Cosmetic art shops and student selection criteria must be submitted along with the notification.
(2) Schools shall report to the Board all cosmetic art shops contracted and students selected to participate in the program.
(3) Internships may be arranged in various time frames but shall never exceed five percent of a student's training period.
(4) Credit for an internship shall be granted upon submission of student hours verification based on a daily attendance record. Hours must be recorded on a form approved by the school.
(5) Students may be assigned a variety of duties, but client services are restricted. Cosmetology and natural hair care students may provide only shampoo services, manicurist students may only remove nail polish and esthetician students may only drape and prep clients
(6) Students must follow all Board rules and regulations.
(7) A licensed teacher need not be in attendance during this internship.
(8) Students participating in the program shall not receive compensation for duties performed in the cosmetic art shop.
History Note: Authority G.S. 88B-2; 88B-4; 88B-16; 88B-17;
Eff. February 1, 2012.