21 NCAC 21 .0104 DUTIES OF OFFICERS
(a) Board Chair:
(1) The Chair shall preside at all meetings when present, appoint all committees, sign all certificates issued, and perform all other duties pertaining to his office.
(2) The Chair, together with the Board Counsel and Board Executive Director, shall determine if a complaint submitted to the Board is complete pursuant to the requirements of G.S. 89-17 and Rules .0501 and .0514 of this Chapter and, if so, shall forward it to an investigator. In addition, the Chair shall be responsible for evaluating the investigative report and proposing further action as authorized by Rule .0515 of this Chapter. If the Chair identifies a conflict of interest as defined by G.S.138A-36(a) or Rule .0513 of this Chapter, the Vice-Chair shall review the Complaint. If both Chair and Vice-Chair have a conflict of interest, the Secretary-Treasurer shall review the Complaint. If none of these persons can serve, then the Chair shall designate another Board member to review the Complaint.
(b) Board Vice-Chair. The Vice-Chair, in the absence of the Chair, shall perform all of the duties of the Chair. The Vice-Chair shall sign all certificates issued.
(c) Secretary- Treasurer:
(1) The Secretary-Treasurer, with the assistance of an Executive Director or such other officers or employees as may be approved by the Board, shall conduct and care for all the correspondence of the Board, keep the minutes of all the meetings, keep all books and records, and sign all certificates issued. The Secretary-Treasurer shall have charge, care and custody of the official documents of the Board. The Secretary-Treasurer shall provide due notice of the time and place of all meetings of the Board to each member of the Board.
(2) The Secretary-Treasurer, with the assistance of an Executive Director or such other officers or employees as may be approved by the Board, shall receive all moneys from applicants for annual renewal or other fees and deposit them in an authorized depository of the Board. The Secretary-Treasurer shall give bond to be conditioned on the faithful performance of the duties of this office and on the faithful accounting of all monies and other property as shall come into this officer's hands.
(3) The Secretary-Treasurer, with the assistance of an Executive Director or such other officers or employees as may be approved by the Board, shall provide to each applicant for a license or registration a current copy of G.S. 89E and the rules of this Chapter. Copies of the Geologists Licensing Act and the rules of this Chapter shall be provided by mail with the application packet or in electronic format on the Board's Internet website (www.ncblg.org) with the on-line application packet.
History Note: Authority G.S. 89E-4; 89E-5; 89-17;
Eff. February 1, 1986;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2003; April 1, 1989;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 16, 2014;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2017.