21 NCAC 26. 0107 DEFINITIONS
In addition to the definitions in G.S. 89A-1, for purposes of this Section, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Board Executive" means the administrator of the Board.
(2) "CLARB" means the Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards.
(3) "Contact hour" means 60 continuous minutes.
(4) "CEAC" means the Continuing Education Advisory Committee of the Board.
(5) "Direct Supervision" means the level of supervision by a licensed professional overseeing the work of another in which both work in circumstances where professional contact is relevant and routine, and the supervisor has both control over and detailed professional knowledge of the work prepared under his or her supervision.
(6) "Education Activity" means an activity that increases the professional knowledge or skills of a licensee and relates to the protection or enhancement of the health, safety and welfare of the public and is approved by the Board.
(7) "Examination" means the process by which the Board determines the experience, academic or other qualifications and fitness for practice of an applicant, and may include a written examination administered by the Board or a third party.
(8) "Foreign Corporation" means a foreign corporation as defined in G.S. 55B-16(b).
(9) "LAAB" means the Landscape Architecture Accreditation Board.
(10) "LARE" means the Landscape Architecture Registration Exam administered by the CLARB.
(11) "License Year" means July 1 through June 30.
(12) "Resident licensed professional" means a licensee who spends a majority of the licensee's normal working time in a specifically identified place of business within North Carolina. Such time shall not be less than a majority of the operating hours of the business. A licensed professional shall be the resident licensee at only one place of business at one time unless each business is at least one-third owned by the resident professional and is approved by the Board after a determination that the businesses are integrated in operation, ownership, office location, and that the licensee will be in responsible charge of the professional services.
History Note: Authority G.S. 89A-3.1(2); 89A-5;
Eff. March 1, 2015.