21 NCAC 32B .1402 APPLICATION FOR RESIDENT'S TRAINING LICENSE
(a) In order to obtain a Resident's Training License, an applicant shall:
(1) submit a completed application, attesting under oath that the information on the application is true and complete, and authorizing the release to the Board of all information pertaining to the application;
(2) submit documentation of a legal name change, if applicable;
(3) submit a photograph, at least two inches by two inches, affixed to the oath, and attested by a notary public;
(4) submit proof on the Board's Medical Education Certification form that the applicant has completed at least 130 weeks of medical education. The applicant's date of graduation from medical school shall be written in the designated space, and the school seal shall be stamped on the form; the dean or other official of the applicant's medical school shall sign the form verifying the information;
(5) If a graduate of a medical school other than those approved by LCME, AOA, COCA or CACMS, furnish an original ECFMG certification status report of a currently valid certification of the ECFMG. The ECFMG certification status report requirement shall be waived if:
(A) the applicant has passed the ECFMG examination and successfully completed an approved Fifth Pathway program (original ECFMG score transcript from the ECFMG required); or
(B) the applicant has been licensed in another state on the basis of a written examination before the establishment of the ECFMG in 1958;
(6) submit an appointment letter from the program director of the GME program or his appointed agent verifying the applicant's appointment and commencement date;
(7) submit two completed fingerprint record cards supplied by the Board;
(8) submit a signed consent form allowing a search of local, state, and national files for any criminal record;
(9) pay a non-refundable fee pursuant to G.S. 90-13.1(b), plus the cost of a criminal background check;
(10) provide proof that the applicant has taken and passed:
(A) the COMLEX Level 1 within three attempts and each component of COMLEX Level 2 (cognitive evaluation and performance evaluation) within three attempts; or
(B) the USMLE Step 1 within three attempts and each component of the USMLE Step 2 (Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills) within three attempts; and
(11) upon request, supply any additional information the Board deems necessary to evaluate the applicant's competence and character.
(b) An applicant shall be required to appear in person for an interview with the Board or its agent to evaluate the applicant's competence and character, if the Board needs more information to complete the application.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-8.1; 90-12.01; 90-13.1;
Eff. August 1, 2010;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2012; November 1, 2011.