21 NCAC 32M .0106 ANNUAL RENEWAL OF APPROVAL TO PRACTICE
(a) Each registered nurse who is approved to practice as a nurse practitioner in this State shall annually renew each approval to practice with the Board no later than the last day of the nurse practitioner's birth month by:
(1) Maintaining current North Carolina RN licensure or privilege to practice;
(2) Maintaining certification as a nurse practitioner by a national credentialing body identified in Rule .0101(8) of this Subchapter;
(3) Attesting to completion of continuing competence requirements, and submitting evidence of completion if requested by the Board, as specified in Rule .0107 of this Subchapter;
(4) Submitting the fee required in Rule .0115 of this Subchapter; and
(5) Completing the renewal application.
(b) If the nurse practitioner has not renewed by the last day of her or his birth month, the approval to practice as a nurse practitioner shall expire.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-5.1(a)(3); 90-8.1; 90-8.2(a); 90-18(c)(14);
Eff. January 1, 1996;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2004; May 1, 1999;
Recodified from Rule .0105 Eff. August 1, 2004;
Amended Eff. December 1, 2009; November 1, 2008;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 1, 2016;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2021; March 1, 2017.