21 NCAC 36 .0203 REINSTATEMENT OF LAPSED LICENSE
(a) The registrant whose license has lapsed and who desires reinstatement of that license shall:
(1) furnish information required by these rules on forms provided by the Board;
(2) submit evidence of unencumbered license in all jurisdictions in which a license is or has ever been held;
(3) attest to having completed Continuing Competence requirements and be prepared to submit evidence of completion if requested by the Board as specified in 21 NCAC 36 .0232(b).
(4) submit evidence of completion of all court conditions resulting from any misdemeanor or felony conviction(s);
(5) submit such other evidence that the Board may require according to these rules to determine whether the license should be reinstated;
(6) provide a statement of the reason for failure to apply for renewal prior to the deadline; and
(7) submit payment of reinstatement and renewal fee.
(b) A member of the United States Armed Services is exempt from payment of reinstatement fee if on active duty and to whom G.S. 105-249.2 grants an extension of time to file a tax return.
(c) The registrant whose license has lapsed for a period of five years or more shall also submit:
(1) evidence of mental and physical health necessary to competently practice nursing; and
(2) evidence of satisfactory completion of a Board-approved refresher course or proof of active licensure within the past five years in another jurisdiction.
(d) If a refresher course is required, the registrant shall apply for reinstatement of the license within one year of completing the refresher course in order to receive a current license. The application for reinstatement shall include verification from the provider of the refresher course that the registrant has satisfactorily met both theory and clinical objectives and is deemed competent to practice nursing at the appropriate level of licensure.
(e) The Board shall not reinstate a license if it is not satisfied as to the applicant's ability to practice nursing based on these rules.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-171.23(b); 90-171.35; 90-171.37; 93B-15; 105-249.2;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. December 1, 2010; December 1, 2008; January 1, 1996; February 1, 1994; August 3, 1992; January 1, 1990.