21 NCAC 36 .0231 EXCEPTIONS TO HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONERS IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
(a) The licensed nurse or nurse aide II is not required to wear a readily visible badge or other form of identification in the following direct patient care situations:
(1) procedures requiring full sterile dress; or
(2) procedures requiring other protective clothing or covering.
(b) Identification of the licensed nurse or nurse aide may be limited to first name only and level of licensure or listing status when the full name identification may:
(1) place the personal safety of the nurse or nurse aide II in jeopardy; or
(2) interfere with the therapeutic relationship between the nurse or nurse aide and client(s).
(c) In all other situations involving the direct provision of health care to clients, the licensed nurse or nurse aide II shall wear or display a readily visible form of identification to include:
(1) the individual's first and last name; and
(2) the license, approval to practice title or listing title as required by law, or standard abbreviations for such title.
(d) There shall be written agency policy outlining any exceptions to the requirements consistent with Paragraph (b) of this Rule.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-171.43; 90-171.83(a),(c); 90-178.3; 90-640(a)-(d);
Temporary Adoption Eff. April 15, 2001;
Eff. August 1, 2002.