21 NCAC 36 .0233 OUT OF STATE STUDENTS
(a) Unlicensed nursing students enrolled in out-of-State nursing education programs who request use of North Carolina clinical facilities shall be allowed such experiences following approval by the Board. Upon receiving such a request, the chief nursing administrator of a North Carolina clinical facility shall provide the Board with the following at least 30 days prior to the start of the requested experience:
(1) a letter of request for approval to provide the clinical offering, including proposed starting and completion dates;
(2) documentation that the nursing program is currently approved by the Board of Nursing in the state in which the parent institution is located;
(3) the name, qualifications, and evidence of an active, unencumbered registered nurse licensure of the faculty responsible for coordinating the student's experience; and
(4) the name, qualifications, and evidence of active unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina for the preceptor or on-site faculty.
(b) Copies of the following shall be distributed by the chief nursing administrator of the clinical facility to all students and faculty involved in the clinical experiences:
(1) North Carolina Nursing Practice Act;
(2) North Carolina administrative rules and related interpretations provided by the Board regarding the role of the registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, and unlicensed nursing personnel; and
(3) North Carolina Board of Nursing developed Suggestions for Utilization of Preceptors.
(c) Failure to continue in compliance with the requirements of Paragraph (a) of this Rule shall result in the immediate withdrawal of the Board's approval of the clinical offering and student status, consistent with G.S. 90-171.43(2).
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-85.3; 90-171.23(b) 90-171.43; 90-171.83;
Eff. April 1, 2008;
Readopted Eff. January 1, 2019.