21 NCAC 36 .0233 OUT OF STATE STUDENTS
(a) Unlicensed nursing students enrolled in out of state nursing education programs who are requesting utilization of North Carolina clinical facilities shall be allowed such experiences following approval by the Board of Nursing. Upon receiving such a request, the chief nursing administrator of a North Carolina clinical facility shall provide the Board with the following at least 30 days prior to the start of the requested experience:
(1) Letter of request for approval to provide the clinical offering including proposed starting and completion dates;
(2) Documentation that the nursing program is currently approved by the Board of Nursing in the state in which the parent institution is located;
(3) Name, qualifications and evidence of current RN licensure of the faculty responsible for coordinating the student's experience; and
(4) Name, qualifications and evidence of current license to practice as an RN in NC for preceptor or on-site faculty.
(b) Copies of the following shall be distributed by the chief nursing administrator of the clinical facility to all students and faculty involved in the clinical experiences:
(1) North Carolina Nursing Practice Act;
(2) North Carolina administrative rules and related interpretations regarding the role of the RN, LPN, and unlicensed nursing personnel; and
(3) North Carolina Board of Nursing developed Suggestions for Utilization of Preceptors.
(c) Failure to continue in compliance with the requirements in Paragraph (a) of this Rule shall result in the immediate withdrawal of the Board's approval of the clinical offering and student status consistent with G.S. 90-171.43(2).
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-85.3; 90-171.23(b) 90-171.43; 90-171.83;
Eff. April 1, 2008.