21 NCAC 36 .0323 RECORDS AND REPORTS
(a) The controlling institution's publications describing the nursing program shall be current and accurate.
(b) The controlling institution shall maintain a system for maintaining official records. Current and permanent student records shall be stored in a secure manner that prevents physical damage and unauthorized access.
(c) Both permanent and current records shall be available for review by Board staff.
(d) The official permanent record for each graduate shall include documentation of graduation from the program and a transcript of the individual's achievement in the program.
(e) The record for each currently enrolled student shall contain up‑to‑date and complete information, including the following:
(1) documentation of admission criteria met by the student;
(2) documentation of high school graduation, high school equivalent, or earned credits from post‑secondary institution approved pursuant to G.S. 90-171.38(a); and
(3) a transcript of credit hours achieved in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical instruction for each course that reflects progression consistent with program policies.
(f) The nursing program shall file with the Board records, data, and reports in order to furnish information concerning operation of the program as prescribed in the rules in this Section, including:
(1) an annual report to be filed with the Board by November 1 of each year;
(2) a program description report for non-accredited programs filed with the Board at least 30 days prior to a scheduled review by the Board; and
(3) notification by institution administration of any change of the nursing program director. This notification shall include a curriculum vitae for the new director and shall be submitted no later than 10 business days before the effective date of the change.
(g) All communications relevant to accreditation shall be submitted to the Board at the same time that the communications are submitted to the accrediting body.
(h) The Board may require additional records and reports for review at any time to provide evidence and substantiate compliance with the rules in this Section by a program and its controlling institutions.
(i) The part of the application for licensure by examination to be submitted to the Board by the nursing program shall include a statement verifying satisfactory completion of all requirements for program completion and the date of completion. The nursing program director shall verify completion of requirements to the Board no later than one month following completion of the Board-approved nursing program.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90‑171.23(b)(8); 90‑171.38;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. December 1, 2016; January 1, 2015; December 1, 2005; January 1, 2004; June 1, 1992; January 1, 1989; January 1, 1984;
Readopted Eff. January 1, 2019;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2020.