21 NCAC 36 .0406 MEDICATION AIDE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
(a) Faculty for the medication aide training program are required to:
(1) have a current, unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina;
(2) have had at least two years of practice experience as a registered nurse that includes medication administration;
(3) have successfully completed an instructor training program approved by the Board according to these Rules; and
(4) maintain Board of Nursing certification as a medication aide instructor.
(b) The medication aide instructor certification shall be renewed every two years provided the following requirements are met:
(1) the individual has taught at least one medication aide training program within the preceding two years; and
(2) the individual successfully completes a review program approved by the Board according to these Rules.
(c) The applicant for a medication aide training program approved by the Board must have a high school diploma or GED.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-171.56; 131E-114.2; 131E-270;
Eff. September 1, 2006;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2008.