SECTION .0500 ‑ PROFESSIONAL CORPORATIONS
21 NCAC 36 .0501 Purpose AND DEFINITIONS
(a) The purpose of the rules in this Section is to adopt rules supplementing or clarifying Chapter 55B of the General Statutes for professional corporations whose purpose is the provision of nursing and related services.
(b) The following definitions shall apply throughout this Section:
(1) "Board" means the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
(2) "Nursing and Related Services" means those activities through which nursing, as defined in G.S. 90‑171.20(4), is practiced.
(3) "Licensee" means any individual who is duly licensed to practice nursing in North Carolina as a registered nurse.
(4) "Professional Corporation" means professional corporations organized for the purpose of providing nursing related services in North Carolina.
(5) "Director" means the Executive Director of the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
History Note: Authority G.S. 55B‑2; 55B‑12; 90-171.20(6); 90-171.23;
Eff. March 1, 1991;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2008;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 9, 2018.