SECTION .0200 ‑ APPLICATION FOR LICENSE
21 NCAC 38 .0201 APPLICATION PROCESS
(a) Each applicant, including those trained outside the United States or its territories, for an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant license shall complete an application form provided by the Board. This form shall be submitted to the Board and shall be accompanied by:
(1) one head and shoulders photograph (passport type), taken within the past six months, of the applicant of acceptable quality for identification, two inches by two inches in size;
(2) the proper fees, as required by 21 NCAC 38 .0204;
(3) evidence from the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) of successful completion of the certification examination administered by it. Evidence of successful completion of the NBCOT certification examination shall be accepted as proof of graduation from an accredited curriculum and successful completion of field work requirements;
(4) two signed statements on forms provided by the Board attesting to the applicant's good moral character; and
(5) successful completion of a jurisprudence exam administered by the Board.
(b) An applicant previously licensed in any state re-entering the field of occupational therapy after not practicing occupational therapy for more than 24 months shall complete 90 days of general, supervised, re-entry fieldwork and shall provide to the Board;
(1) a written plan for 90 days of general, supervised, re-entry fieldwork within 10 days of securing employment; and
(2) monthly documentation confirming that the general, supervised, re-entry fieldwork is being provided.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90‑270.69(4); 90‑270.70;
Eff. July 1, 1985;
Amended Eff. March 23, 2009; July 1, 2007; May 1, 1989; May 1, 1987;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 23, 2016.