SECTION .0800 – CONTINUING COMPETENCE ACTIVITY
21 NCAC 38 .0801 CONTINUING COMPETENCE DEFINITIONS
As used in this Section:
(1) "AOTA Approved Provider Program" refers to a voluntary process of review and approval of continuing education (CE) providers by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) based on criteria and guidelines that assess a provider's ability to develop and implement CE activities that are relevant to the practice of occupational therapy.
(2) "Contact Hour" means a unit of measure for a continuing education activity. One contact hour equals 60 minutes in a learning activity, excluding meals and breaks. One contact hour equals one point.
(3) "Continuing Competence" means a process in which an occupational therapist or an occupational therapy assistant develops and maintains the knowledge, performance skills, interpersonal abilities, critical reasoning skills, and ethical reasoning skills necessary to perform his or her professional responsibilities.
(4) "Continuing Education" means structured educational experiences beyond entry-level academic degree work that are intended to provide advanced or enhanced knowledge in a particular area.
(5) "Continuing Education Credit" means credit given for a formalized activity in the form of contact hours or continuing education units.
(6) "Continuing Education Unit (CEU)" means a unit of measure for continuing education. One CEU is defined as 10 contact hours of participation in a learning activity excluding meals and breaks.
(7) "Peer Reviewed" means any written work that is blind reviewed by more than one person.
(8) "Points" means an assigned unit of measure for each continuing competence activity as defined in Rule .0805 of this Section.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-270.69; 90-270.75(a);
Eff. July 1, 2007;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 23, 2016.