21 NCAC 38 .0803 APPROVAL OF ACTIVITIES FOR MAINTAINING CONTINUING COMPETENCE
(a) Provided that the activities are consistent with the provisions of rules in this Section, the Board shall grant pre-approval to:
(1) Continuing competence activities sponsored or approved by the North Carolina Occupational Therapy Association,
(2) Continuing competence activities sponsored or approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association,
(3) Continuing competence activities sponsored by AOTA approved providers.
(b) A provider who wishes to obtain Board approval of activities for maintaining continuing competence, consistent with Rule .0804 of this Section, shall submit to the Board, at least 90 days in advance of the program, the following:
(1) course description;
(2) learning outcomes;
(3) target audience;
(4) content focus;
(5) agenda for the activity;
(6) amount of contact hours;
(7) qualifications for the presenter(s);
(8) sample documentation for demonstrating satisfactory completion by course participants such as certificate of completion.
(c) Upon review of the completed application, the Board shall notify the provider as to whether or not the program has been approved.
(d) A provider of a continuing competence activity shall furnish documentation for demonstrating completion to all participants, specifying the following information:
(1) name of the participant;
(2) name of the provider;
(3) dates of the activity and completion;
(4) title and location of the activity;
(5) number of contact hours; and
(6) signature of the provider or representative.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-270.69; 90-270.75(a);
Eff. July 1, 2007;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 23, 2016.