21 NCAC 39 .1004 GENERAL EXCLUSIONS OF AN INSPECTION
(a) Inspectors are not required to report on:
(1) Life expectancy of any component or system;
(2) The causes of the need for a repair;
(3) The methods, materials, and costs of corrections;
(4) The suitability of the property for any specialized use;
(5) The market value of the property or its marketability;
(6) The advisability or inadvisability of purchase of the property; or
(7) Normal wear and tear to the system.
(b) Inspectors are not required to:
(1) Identify property lines;
(2) Offer warranties or guarantees of any kind;
(3) Calculate the strength, adequacy, or efficiency of any system or component;
(4) Operate any system or component that does not respond to normal operating controls;
(5) Move excessive vegetation, structures, personal items, panels, furniture, equipment, snow, ice, or debris that obstruct access to or visibility of the system and any related components;
(6) Determine the presence or absence of any suspected adverse environmental condition or hazardous substance, including toxins, carcinogens, noise, and contaminants in the building or in soil, water, and air;
(7) Determine the effectiveness of any system installed to control or remove suspected hazardous substances;
(8) Predict future condition, including failure of components;
(9) Project operating costs of components;
(10) Evaluate acoustical characteristics of any system or component; or
(11) Inspect equipment or accessories that are not listed as components to be inspected in this Section.
(c) Inspectors shall not:
(1) Offer or perform any act or service contrary to law or rule; or
(2) Offer or perform engineering, architectural, plumbing, electrical, pesticide or any other job function requiring an occupational license in the jurisdiction where the inspection is taking place, unless the on-site wastewater system inspector holds a valid occupational license in that field, in which case the inspector shall inform the client that the inspector is so licensed.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90A-72; 90A-74;
Eff. October 1, 2011.