SECTION .0300 - EXAMINATION
21 NCAC 45 .0301 TYPES
(a) The Board shall administer a written and oral examination to test an applicant's knowledge in the following areas:
(1) Code of Ethics as set forth in G.S. 90-390(a)(7);
(2) Fee-Based Practicing Pastoral Counselors Certification G.S. 90, Article 26;
(3) Individual Pastoral Counseling and Psychotherapy;
(4) Marriage, Family, or Group Counseling and Psychotherapy; and
(5) Religion, Theology, and Ethics of Pastoral Counseling.
(b) A passing score shall consist of 70% correct responses on the written exam.
(c) The Board shall administer the oral examination at a Board meeting. A passing score on the oral examination shall be determined by the applicant's ability to satisfy G.S. 90-387, including the applicant's ability to articulate his or her theory of pastoral counseling and psychotherapy as defined in G.S. 90-382, and elaborate on written exam portions set forth in Subparagraphs (a)(3) through (a)(5) of this Rule.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-385(f); 90-387;
Eff. May 1, 1996;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 1, 2016;
Amended Eff. October 1, 2020.