SECTION .1400 - SCOPE OF PRACTICE
21 NCAC 52 .1401 SOFT TISSUE PROCEDURES
Simple soft tissue procedures pursuant to G.S. 90-202.2(b) are procedures involving structures proximal to a line parallel with the dome of the talus that may be performed by a podiatrist in an office setting include:
(1) ligation of superficial veins or vessels;
(2) repair of soft tissue lacerations and abrasions;
(3) incision, drainage and debridement of abscesses, hematomas, and ulcerations;
(4) excision of foreign bodies and soft tissue masses which are not known or thought to be malignant;
(5) biopsy and cauterization of soft tissue lesions;
(6) ligamentous and tendon repairs found during the aforementioned procedures;
(7) release of nerve entrapment found in conjunction with an extension of nerve entrapment procedures of the foot.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-202.2(b);
Eff. October 1, 1995.