21 NCAC 53 .0204 PROFESSIONAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR LPCA AND LPC
A Professional Disclosure Statement is a printed document that includes the following information:
(1) name of licensee or applicant;
(2) the licensee's or applicant's highest relevant degree, year degree received, discipline of degree (e.g., counseling, school counseling), and name of institution granting the degree;
(3) names and numbers of all relevant credentials (licenses, certificates, or registrations);
(4) number of years of counseling experience;
(5) description of services offered and clientele (populations) served;
(6) length of sessions, specific fee or range of fees charged per session (if no fee is charged, a statement to that effect), and methods of payments for services, including information about billing or insurance reimbursement;
(7) an explanation of confidentiality, including responsibilities and exceptions (e.g., child or elder abuse, court order);
(8) a statement of procedure for registering complaints, including the full name, address, and telephone number of the Board's office;
(9) signature and date spaces for both the client and licensee; and
(10) level of licensure and whether the licensee is under supervision. If under supervision, include name of supervisor.
A current copy of this statement shall be provided to each client prior to the performance of professional counseling services. An updated Professional Disclosure Statement shall be submitted at the time of renewal to the Board's office at 7-D Terrace Way, Greensboro, NC 27403. The counselor shall retain a file copy of the Professional Disclosure Statement signed by each client.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-334; 90-334(h); 90-343;
Eff. July 1, 1994;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2014; January 1, 2010; July 1, 1995.