21 NCAC 53 .0213 mental health professional
A mental health professional includes the following individuals:
(1) Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC);
(2) Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT);
(3) Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW) with a master's degree in social work from a school of social work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education;
(4) Licensed Psychologists;
(5) Licensed Medical Doctors with a Medical Board certification in psychiatry;
(6) Nurse Practitioners approved to practice in North Carolina and certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center as an advanced practice nurse practitioner and certified in psychiatric nursing; and
(7) Clinical Nurse Specialists certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or the American Psychiatric Nurse Association as an Advanced Practice Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS).
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-334(h); 90-334(i);
Eff. January 1, 2010.