21 ncac 53 .0702 Supervised Practice for Licensed Professional Counselor Associate
A licensed professional counselor associate shall not practice unless the following requirements have been met:
(1) The licensed professional counselor associate shall submit a completed supervision contract, on forms available on the Board's website, www.ncblpc.org. A supervision contract form shall document the following:
(a) the name of the qualified clinical supervisor;
(b) contact information for the qualified clinical supervisor;
(c) the modality of supervision to be provided, such as live observation, co-therapy, audio and video recordings, and live supervision, as defined by Rule .0208 of this Chapter;
(d) the frequency of supervision; and
(e) the name and physical location of the site where the proposed supervision will take place.
A separate supervision contract form shall be filed for each separate work setting.
(2) If receiving supervision from more than one supervisor, a separate supervision contract form shall be filed for each individual qualified clinical supervisor.
(3) A supervisor shall document, on forms available on the Board's website, www.ncblpc.org each quarter that supervision has occurred and shall file a final report upon termination or completion of supervision.
(4) If not receiving supervision, the licensed professional counselor associate shall report such to the Board. A report shall be submitted to the Board within two weeks of termination of supervision and within two weeks of a change in the conditions specified in the supervision contract form on file with the Board.
(5) A licensed professional counselor associate shall only provide counseling while under the supervision of a qualified clinical supervisor.
(6) A licensed professional counselor associate shall renew his or her license as a licensed professional counselor associate if the supervision requirements to become a licensed professional counselor have not been completed prior to the expiration of the license.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-334(h); 90-336(c);
Eff. January 1, 2010;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2014.