21 NCAC 56 .1702 DEFINITIONS
Terms used in this Section are defined as follows:
(1) Professional Development Hour (PDH) - A contact hour (nominal) of instruction or presentation. The common denominator for other units of credit.
(2) Continuing Education Unit (CEU) - Unit of credit customarily used for continuing education courses. One continuing education unit equals 10 contact hours of instruction or presentation.
(3) College/Unit Semester/Quarter Hour - Credit for Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology approved course or other related college course.
(4) Course/Activity - Any course or activity with a purpose and objective which will maintain, improve, or expand the skills and knowledge relevant to the licensee's field of practice.
(5) Dual Licensee - A person who is licensed as both an engineer and a land surveyor.
(6) Sponsor - Organization or individual that has supplied information on a form prescribed and furnished by the Board with respect to the organization or individual's ability to provide instruction in "for credit" courses. Courses offered by those designated as "Sponsor" must contain a purpose and objective, and result in the maintenance, improvement, or expansion of skills and knowledge relevant to a licensee's field of practice.
History Note: Authority G.S. 89C-10(a); 89C-17;
Eff. December 1, 1994;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2009; August 1, 2000.