21 NCAC 56 .1703 REQUIREMENTS
Every licensee shall obtain 15 PDH units during the renewal period. If a licensee exceeds the annual requirement in any renewal period, a maximum of 15 PDH units may be carried forward into the subsequent renewal period. Selection of courses and activities that meet the requirements of Rule .1702(4) of this Section is the responsibility of the licensee. Licensees may select courses other than those offered by sponsors. Post evaluation of the courses may result in non-acceptance by the Board. PDH units may be earned as follows:
(1) Completion of college courses;
(2) Completion of continuing education courses, seminars, or workshops;
(3) Completion of correspondence, televised, Internet, videotaped, audiotaped, and other courses or tutorials, provided an exam is required for completion. No exam is required for attendance at a webinar presentation if attendance is documented;
(4) Presenting or attending seminars, in-house courses, workshops, or professional or technical presentations made at meetings, conventions or conferences;
(5) Teaching or instructing in Items (1) through (4) of this Rule;
(6) Authoring published papers, articles, or books;
(7) Active participation in professional or technical societies as defined in Rule .1705(f) of this Section;
(9) Authoring exam questions accepted for use in the engineering or land surveying exams; or
(10) Active participation on boards, commissions, committees or councils of private, local, state or federal government entities as defined in Rule .1705(g) of this Section.
History Note: Authority G.S. 89C-10(a); 89C-17;
Eff. December 1, 1994;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2014; August 1, 2011; May 1, 2009; August 1, 2000; August 1, 1998.