21 NCAC 56 .1704 UNITS
The conversion of units of credit set forth in Rule .1703 of this Section to PDH units is as follows:
(1) 1 College or unit semester hour. 45 PDH
(2) 1 College or unit quarter hour. 30 PDH
(3) 1 Continuing Education Unit. 10 PDH
(4) 1 Contact hour of professional development in course work, seminars, or professional or technical presentations made at meetings, conventions or conferences, and for correspondence, televised, Internet, videotaped, audiotaped, and other courses or tutorials. Contact hours equal the actual time of instruction and shall be credited to the nearest one-third of an hour. 1 PDH
(5) For teaching in Items (1) – (4) of this Rule, PDH credits are doubled. Teaching credit is valid for teaching a course or seminar for the first time only. Teaching credit does not apply to full-time faculty, as defined by the institution where a licensee is teaching.
(6) Each published paper, article or book. 10 PDH
(7) Active participation in professional and technical society. (Each society) 2 PDH
(8) Each patent. 10 PDH
(9) Each question used. 2 PDH
(10) Active participation on boards, commissions, committees or councils
of private, local, state or federal government entities. (Each entity) 2 PDH
History Note: Authority G.S. 89C-10(a); 89C-17;
Eff. December 1, 1994;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2014; May 1, 2009; August 1, 2000; August 1, 1998.