21 NCAC 68 .0211 PROCESS FOR CLINICAL SUPERVISOR CERTIFICATION
In order to be certified as a Clinical Supervisor an applicant shall:
(1) Obtain and maintain a license as a Clinical Addictions Specialist to be eligible for Clinical Supervisor Certification;
(2) Hold a master's or higher degree in a human services field with a clinical application from a regionally accredited college or university;
(3) Submit documentation signed by the Certified Clinical Supervisor of 4000 hours or two years full-time experience as a Substance Abuse Clinical Supervisor, supervised in a ratio of one hour supervision for every 80 hours of practice in the field of alcohol and other drug abuse;
(4) Submit documentation of 30 hours of clinical supervision specific education for initial certification and 15 hours of clinical supervision specific education for re-certification (which will occur every two years). These hours shall be reflective of clinical supervision or clinical supervision of the twelve core functions or performance domains in their clinical application and practice and may also be used as re-credentialing hours for Clinical Addictions Specialist. For the purpose of re-certification as a Clinical Supervisor, 25 percent of the required total hours may be obtained by providing supervision of a Criminal Justice Addictions Professional, Prevention Consultant, Substance Abuse Counselor or Clinical Addictions Specialist;
(5) Submit three letters of reference. One from a substance abuse professional who can attest to supervisory competence and two from either substance abuse counselors who have been supervised by the candidate or substance abuse professionals who can attest to the applicant's competence;
(6) Successfully complete an IC&RC/AODA, Inc. or its successor organization's written examination;
(7) Pay all application fees. A fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) shall be submitted to the Board with a letter of intent in order to receive the application packet. Also, an applicant shall submit with a completed registration packet a registration fee of one hundred twenty-five dollars ($125.00) and a written examination fee of one hundred twenty-five dollars ($125.00);
(8) Submit a fee of one hundred twenty-five dollars ($125.00) required as a recertification fee.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-113.30; 90-113.33; 90-113.34; 90-113.38; 90-113.40; 90-113.41; 90-114.41A;
Eff. August 1, 1996;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2010; August 1, 2002; August 1, 2000.