21 NCAC 68 .0211 PROCESS FOR CLINICAL SUPERVISOR CERTIFICATION AND RENEWAL
(a) In order to be certified as a certified clinical supervisor, an applicant shall:
(1) Obtain and maintain a license as a licensed clinical addictions specialist to be eligible for certified clinical supervisor;
(2) Hold a master's or higher degree in a human services field with a clinical application from a regionally accredited college or university;
(3) Submit documentation signed by the certified clinical supervisor of 4000 hours or two years full-time experience in a supervisory role working or volunteer in a clinical setting, supervised at a ratio of one hour of supervision for every 80 hours of practice in the field of alcohol and other drug misuse;
(4) Submit documentation of 30 hours of clinical supervision specific education for initial certification. These hours shall be reflective of clinical supervision domains;
(5) Submit three references. One from a certified clinical supervisor who can attest to supervisory competence and two from either substance use disorder professionals who have been supervised by the candidate or substance use disorder professionals who can attest to the applicant's competence;
(6) Achieve a passing score on the IC&RC or its successor organization's clinical supervisor examination; and
(7) Pay all application fees. A fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) shall be submitted to the Board. Also, an applicant shall submit a certification fee of two hundred dollars ($200.00) and an examination fee of one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00).
(b) In order to renew as a certified clinical supervisor, the certified professional shall submit to the Board the following:
(1) A completed renewal found on the Board website with 15 clock hours of continuing education in the field of clinical supervision;
(2) An attestation or otherwise signed adherence by the applicant stating his or her commitment to follow the Board's code of ethical conduct; and
(3) A recertification or renewal fee of one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00).
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-113.30; 90-113.33; 90-113.34; 90-113.38; 90-113.40; 90-113.41; 90-114.41A;
Eff. August 1, 1996;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2010; August 1, 2002; August 1, 2000;
Readopted Eff. April 10, 2019.