21 NCAC 68 .0213 CONTINUING EDUCATION APPROVAL POLICY
(a) The Board shall approve educational events for professional credentialing. One certified hour is defined as one contact hour of participation in an organized continuing education experience. Continuing education used to meet the credentialing requirements shall be reviewed and approved according to these Rules. If the sponsor does not obtain approval from the Board, the individual participants shall be responsible for supplying all of the required information for each continuing education session at the time of request for credentialing or re-credentialing. Upon request, the Standards Committee shall review requests quarterly. Submission of approval requests shall be received 45 days prior to opening day of the event.
(b) Any applicant for training approval shall submit a training approval request form including:
(1) Title of course, date, location, individual or organization sponsor, whether it will be held only once or recurring.
(2) Presenter(s) who shall attach a resume outlining expertise in the subject area and content of the session.
(3) A description of the contents of a track, course, seminar, and the type of credit hours being requested to indicate if it is substance abuse specific, general skill building, or required training pursuant to other specialized credentials including Criminal Justice Addictions Professionals, Clinical Supervisors, Residential Facility Directors, or Prevention Consultants.
(4) Agenda, to include the breakdown of time including a 15 minute break for every two hours of education and amount of time allowed for meals.
(5) The sponsor or individual seeking approval shall pay an annual fee as follows:
(A) $25.00 for up to 10 hours;
(B) $50.00 for more than 10 hours and up to 20 hours;
(C) $75.00 for more than 20 hours and up to 30 hours;
(D) $100.00 for more than 30 hours and up to 40 hours;
(E) $125.00 for more than 40 hours.
(c) Training approved by IC&RC/AODA, Inc. or its successor organization member boards and organizations granted deemed status shall be accepted with documentation of completion.
(d) In-service training shall meet the same requirements as set out in Paragraphs (b) and (c) of this Rule. However, if persons who are non-employees of the sponsoring and presenting agency are invited to participate, then it is not considered in-service and Board pre-approval shall be required. Education received within the organization by outside trainers is not considered inservice.
(e) Presenters shall be given one hour of credit for every one hour presented. However, if the original presentation is repeated, hours can only be credited for the original presentation.
(f) The Board may revise or rescind credit hours if information is received documenting that a previously approved event was not presented as it was approved.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-113.30; 90-113.33; 90-113.38; 90-113.39; 90-113.40; 90-113.37A;
Eff. August 1, 1996;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2010; August 1, 2000.