21 NCAC 68 .0217 SUPERVISED PRACTICUM FOR CRIMINAL JUSTICE ADDICTIONS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
(a) All applicants for the criminal justice addictions professional certification shall complete 300 hours practicum. The applicant supervisor shall;
(1) Train the criminal justice addictions professional and cover all criminal justice performance domains as set out in G.S. 90-113.31B(6);
(2) Submit verification that at least 10 hours of practice was provided in each of the performance domains; and
(3) Provide verification of at least one hour of supervision for every 10 hours of practice in each one of the performance domains on a supervisor evaluation form provided by the Board.
(b) The remaining hours of the practicum shall be in any of the performance domains.
(c) Upon completion of 300 hours, the applicant supervisor shall:
(1) Complete an evaluation form reviewing criminal justice addictions professional's development as a professional;
(2) Document the 300 hours of practice to include 30 hours of supervision by the applicant supervisor; and
(3) Submit this information to the Board on a form provided by the Board.
(d) The practicum may be completed as part of an academic course of study in a regionally accredited college or university or it may be developed in the work setting as long as it is supervised by an applicant supervisor. The practicum shall take place within a criminal justice addiction professional setting to include a workplace for law enforcement, the judiciary, or corrections.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-113.31A; 90-113.31B(6); 90-113.40; 90-113.40B;
Eff. January 1, 2010;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2011; April 1, 2011.