21 NCAC 68 .0305 licensure REQUIREMENTS FOR Initial applicants for licensed clinical addictions specialist
In addition to meeting the requirements of G.S. 90-113.40, an applicant seeking licensure as a clinical addictions specialist shall submit the following:
(1) Documentation of completion of:
(a) Six hours of HIV/AIDS/STDS/TB/Bloodborne pathogens training and education;
(b) Six hours of professional ethics training;
(c) Six hours of clinical supervision specific training; and
(d) Six hours selected from the following list:
(i) nicotine use disorder;
(iii) evidence-based treatment;
(iv) substance use disorder issues and older adults;
(v) substance use disorder issues and veterans; and
(vi) substance use disorder issues and domestic violence.
All hours listed in this Item may be included in the 180 hours of substance use disorder training required for licensure;
(2) A copy of a substance abuse specialty certificate or transcript if the applicant is applying under Criteria C as defined in G.S. 90-113.40 (c)(3), or is seeking education credit as described in Item (1) of this Rule under any other criteria outlined in G.S. 90-113.40 (c);
(3) An official transcript of completed masters or other advanced degree in a human services field with a clinical application as found in Rule .0101(5) of this Chapter, if not previously submitted under Item (2) of this Rule;
(4) A completed application found on the Board's website; and
(5) Payment of the following fees:
(a) All applicants who are in the deemed status group shall make payment of a non-refundable application fee of ten dollars ($10.00) and payment of a non-refundable credentialing fee of forty dollars ($40.00).
(b) All other applicants shall make payment of an application fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) and payment of a non-refundable certification fee of two hundred dollars ($200.00).
(c) All applicants seeking credentialing pursuant to Criteria A, Criteria B, and Criteria C of G.S. 90-113.40(c) shall make payment of a non-refundable examination fee of one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00). An applicant seeking credentialing pursuant to Criteria D (Deemed Status) who has not completed an examination as required by G.S 90-113.41(b), shall complete and pass the examination at his or her own expense.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-113.30; 90-113.33; 90-113.38; 90-113.40; 90-113.41;
Temporary Adoption Eff. November 15, 1997;
Eff. April 1, 1999;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2014; August 1, 2002;
Readopted Eff. April 10, 2019.