21 NCAC 68 .0306 RENEWAL OF INDIVIDUAL licensure AS CLINICAL ADDICTIONS SPECIALIST
(a) An applicant who is in the deemed status group shall submit the following every two years:
(1) A completed application form and a copy of the applicant's current substance abuse licensure or its equivalent from the deemed status professional discipline.
(2) A non-refundable re-licensing fee of thirty-five dollars ($35.00).
(b) All other individual applicants shall:
(1) Renew licensure as classified by the criteria for their original licensing every two years.
(2) Document completing 40 hours of education pursuant to Section .0400 of this Chapter, during the current licensing period. A minimum of 30 hours shall be substance abuse specific. This education may include a combination of hours including attending and providing workshops.
(3) Meet re-licensing educational guidelines as a substance abuse professional as follows:
(A) No more than 25 percent may be in-service education, received within the applicant's organization by staff of the same employment.
(B) No more than 25 percent receiving supervision with two hours of supervision translating to one hour of education.
(C) No more than 25 percent of workshop presentation with one hour of presentation translating to one hour of education. Workshop presentation shall be pursuant to Rule .0213 of this Chapter.
(D) All applicants shall include three hours of HIV/AIDS/STDS/TB/Bloodborne pathogens training and education, three hours of professional ethics training and education, and three hours of education to be selected from the list appearing in Rule.0305(1)(d) of this Section.
(4) Submit a completed application form with continuing education documented.
(5) Submit a non-refundable one hundred twenty-five dollar ($125.00) re-licensing fee.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-113.30; 90-113.33; 90-113.37; 90-113.38; 90-113.39; 90-113.41A; 90-113.43;
Temporary Adoption Eff. November 15, 1997;
Eff. August 1, 1998;
Amended Eff January 1, 2014; April 1, 2003; August 1, 2002.