21 NCAC 68 .0402 GENERAL GUIDELINES
(a) The guidelines set forth in this section shall apply to each approval request for obtaining credit for didactic and academic hours for course, curricula, and training events held January 1, 1987 or thereafter.
(b) The following information and standards shall be required:
(1) Title of course, date, location, sponsor (individual or organization), and whether it shall be held only once or periodically;
(2) The name of the presenter(s) and a resume outlining his or her expertise in the subject area and content of the session;
(3) A sufficient description of the contents of a track, course, seminar, or other unit of academic pursuit and the type of credit hours being requested to indicate if it is substance abuse specific or general skill building;
(4) An agenda reflecting the breakdown of time including a 15 minute break for every two hours of education and amount of time allowed for meals;
(5) Each application for training approval may include a copy of the objective evaluation tool to be used;
(6) The summary of evaluations may be submitted to the Board within 45 days following the program date(s).
(c) The Certification Board shall have the right to review programs by sending a Certification Board member or designee to monitor the event or a portion of the event. When fulfilling this quality assurance role, the designated person shall present a letter of introduction to the presenter.
(d) Certification hours shall be awarded only for actual hours attended.
(e) Certificates shall not be released until the event ends and they shall be modified to reflect actual hours completed.
(f) Providers of Board approved events shall be required to document attendance at individual events for schools, courses, curricula and conferences.
(g) Event sponsors shall maintain attendance and evaluation records for no less than three years.
(h) Training approved by International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (ICRC) member boards shall be accepted with documentation of completion.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-113.30; 90-113.37; 90-113.40;
Eff. August 1, 1996.