21 NCAC 68 .0405 SPONSOR GUIDELINES
(a) Sponsors or presenters shall submit requests for approval prior to the event and shall allow the Board 45 days for review and approval. Requests by sponsors or presenters postmarked after the event has taken place shall not be reviewed or approved by the Board, but shall be returned. Documentation of the event attendance shall then be submitted by each individual at the time request is made for certification or recertification or conversion.
(b) All approvals from the Board shall be in writing and shall include the event approval number.
(c) Sponsors shall be responsible for providing a certificate of attendance which includes the approval number and number of approved education hours.
(d) Any event given on a recurring basis, as in the example of college courses, may be given approval on a yearly basis. Renewal of credit approval shall be based on submission of a letter by the sponsor or presenter documenting no change in course content. Any changes in content or method shall be submitted for review and approval in order to maintain prior approval. When changes have been made in content, method or agenda, the fee shall be the same as for a new event.
(e) Fees for review and approval of events:
(1) For 1-10 hours of instruction the Board shall impose a fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00);
(2) For 11-20 hours of instruction the Board shall impose a fee of fifty dollars ($50.00);
(3) For 21-30 hours of instruction the Board shall impose a fee of seventy-five dollars ($75.00);
(4) For 31-40 hours of instruction the Board shall impose a fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00);
(5) For 41-50 hours of instruction the Board shall impose a fee of one hundred twenty-five dollars ($125.00);
(6) For 51-100 hours of instruction the Board shall impose a fee of one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00).
(7) For greater than 100 hours of instruction the Board shall impose a fee greater than one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00) and those additional charges shall be imposed in incremental amounts as set forth in Subparagraphs (e)(1) through (6) of this Rule, not to exceed three hundred dollars ($300.00).
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-113.30; 90-113.37; 90-113.38; 90-113.40;
Eff. August 1, 1996.