21 NCAC 68 .0407 APPLICANT GUIDELINES
(a) After January 1, 1985, to gain credit for an applicant's education for certification, recertification or conversion, the applicant shall provide the event approval number and proper documentation of attendance which includes:
(1) Certificate of attendance; or
(2) Training cards or sheets signed by a sponsor or presenter.
(b) Documents not acceptable to establish that an applicant has received continuing education are as follows:
(1) Canceled checks;
(3) Letters from supervisors who were non-participants in the course; or
(4) Program schedules.
(c) If the sponsor failed to obtain approval for an event, the applicant shall be responsible for supplying the required information for each session as stated in Rule .0402 of this Section.
(d) To gain credit for didactic or academic hours of continuing education events held prior to January 1, 1985, the following standards apply:
(1) The Board shall accept education previously approved by the former N.C. Alcoholism Certification Board and N.C. Drug Abuse Professional Certification Board.
(2) Events held between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1984 shall include all of the information required pursuant to Rule .0402 of this Section, except the resume of the presenter.
(3) Events held prior to January 1, 1980 may be approved if a description of the material, method, number of hours and presenter's name is provided by the applicant.
(e) It is the responsibility of the individual applicant to put together a package of hours in accordance with criteria contained herein. Sixty hours of education shall be completed within the two years immediately prior to request for certification or recertification or conversion. There shall be no time frame on the remaining required hours for certification, to include conversion.
(f) Inservice events shall be identified as such.
(g) If a page of material is received from the applicant which does not comply with the above requirements, it shall be returned to the applicant.
(h) Request for approval shall be mailed to the Board.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90-113.30; 90-113.33; 90-113.37; 90-113.40;
Eff. August 1, 1996.