21 NCAC 68 .0607 DISCRETION OF BOARD
The following factors may be considered by the Board in determining the nature and severity of the disciplinary sanctions to be imposed:
(1) The relative seriousness of the violation as it relates to assuring the citizens of North Carolina a consistently high standard of professional service and care;
(2) The facts of the particular violation;
(3) Any extenuating circumstances or other countervailing considerations;
(4) The number and seriousness of prior violations or complaints:
(5) Whether remedial action has previously been taken;
(6) Likelihood of reoccurrence; or
(7) Other factors which may reflect upon the competency, ethical standards, and professional conduct of the individual.
History Note: Filed as a Temporary Adoption Eff. October 23, 1995 for a period of 180 days or until the
permanent rule becomes effective, whichever is sooner;
Authority G.S. 90-113.33; 90-113.43; 90-113.44;
Eff. February 1, 1996.