21 NCAC 69 .0302 DEFINITIONS
Terms used in this Section are defined as follows:
(1) Professional Development Hour (PDH) - One contact hour (nominal) of instruction or presentation.
(2) College/Unit Semester/Quarter Hour - Credit assigned by a college or university for a completed course.
(3) Course/Activity - Any course or activity with a purpose and objective that maintains, improves, or expands the skills and knowledge of the licensee.
(4) Sponsor - Organization or individual that has supplied information on a form furnished by the Board with respect to the organization or individual's ability to provide instruction in "for credit" courses.
(5) Renewal Period for Continuing Professional Education - The period for accumulating the required PDH units shall be three years.
History Note: Authority G.S. 89F-5;
Temporary Adoption Eff. May 15, 1996;
Eff. April 1, 1997;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 16, 2014.