21 NCAC 69 .0303 REQUIREMENTS
Every licensee shall obtain 45 PDH units during each three year period of licensing. If a licensee exceeds the required number of units in any triennial period, a maximum of 15 PDH units may be carried forward into the subsequent period. Selection of courses and activities which meet the requirements of Rule .0302(3) of this Section shall be the responsibility of the licensee. Licensees have the option of selecting courses other than those offered by sponsors. Post evaluation of courses offered by other than sponsors as defined in Rule .0302(4) of this Section may result in non-acceptance. PDH units may be earned as follows:
(1) Completion of college courses.
(2) Completion of continuing education courses.
(3) Completion of correspondence, televised, videotaped, audio taped, and other short courses/tutorials.
(4) Presenting or attending seminars, in-house courses, workshops, or professional or technical presentations made at meetings, conventions or conferences.
(5) Teaching or instructing in Items (1) through (4) of this Rule.
(6) Authoring published papers, articles, or books.
(7) Active participation in professional or technical societies as defined in Rule .0305 of this Section.
History Note: Authority G.S. 89F-5;
Temporary Adoption Eff. May 15, 1996;
Eff. April 1, 1997;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 16, 2014.