21 NCAC 69 .0305 DETERMINATION OF CREDIT
The Board for Licensing of Soil Scientists shall have final authority with respect to approval of courses, sponsors, credit, PDH value for courses, and other methods of earning credit. PDH credits are not earned until the activity is completed or until the end of each year of service is completed. The following criteria shall be used in determining PDH credits:
(1) Credit for college or community college courses shall be based upon course credit established by the college.
(2) Credit for seminars and workshops, shall be based on one PDH unit for each hour of attendance.
(3) Attendance at programs presented at professional and technical society meetings shall earn PDH units for the actual time of each program with a maximum of 15 for a given meeting.
(4) Credit determination for published papers, articles and books is the responsibility of the licensee with final approval by the Board.
(5) Credit for active participation in professional and technical societies (limited to 2 PDH per organization), requires that a licensee serve as an officer or member of a committee of the organization. PDH credits shall not be earned until the end of each year of service is completed. Credit is not granted for organization membership alone.
History Note: Authority G.S. 89F-5;
Temporary Adoption Eff. May 15, 1996;
Eff. April 1, 1997;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 16, 2014.