25 NCAC 01E .1010 NON-DISCRETIONARY TYPES OF OTHER MANAGEMENT APPROVED LEAVE
(a) An appointing authority shall grant leave with pay to an employee for any of the following purposes:
(1) to prepare for participation in his or her internal agency grievance or mediation procedure in accordance with 25 NCAC 01J .1208(a);
(2) to participate in contested case hearings or other administrative hearings in accordance with 25 NCAC 01J .1208(b);
(3) to place an employee on investigatory status as provided in 25 NCAC 01J .0615;
(4) to locate and move to a new residence, within the limits allowed by policy, when a transfer is required by the agency in accordance with 25 NCAC 01E .1004;
(5) to attend workers' compensation hearings;
(6) to serve on state commissions, councils, boards and committees established by the General Assembly or other bodies established by the Governor and Council of State;
(7) because of a smallpox vaccination in accordance with G.S. 126-8.4;
(8) to train for and compete in Pan American, Olympic or international athletic competition in accordance with G.S. 126-8.1; and
(9) to cover time that an agency is closed for emergencies in accordance with 25 NCAC 01E .1005 and the Adverse Weather and Emergency Closings Policy.
(b) There shall be no loss of pay or other leave time associated with leave under this Rule.
History Note: Authority G.S. 126-4(5);
Eff. May 1, 2010.