26 NCAC 02C .0102 DEFINITIONS
The following definitions apply throughout this Chapter and to all forms prescribed pursuant to this Chapter unless the context indicates otherwise:
(1) "Action" means the adoption, amendment, or repeal of a rule.
(2) "Adoption" means a new rule with a new rule number.
(3) "Adoption by agency" means the date that an agency takes final action on a rule.
(4) "Amendment" means an existing rule with a deletion, addition or other change to that existing rule.
(5) "Citation" means a reference to a rule by Title, Chapter or Subchapter, and Section or Rule number.
(6) "Code" means the North Carolina Administrative Code.
(7) "Commission" means the Rules Review Commission.
(8) "Form" means an original form template provided by the OAH and completed by the submitting agency.
(9) "OAH" means the Codifier of Rules at the Office of Administrative Hearings.
(10) "Original" means a copy of the document marked or stamped as such.
(11) "Publication" includes publication on the OAH website or in the Register or entry into the Code.
(12) "Register" means the North Carolina Register.
(13) "Repeal" means the deletion of the entire text of a rule. When a rule is repealed, that rule number shall not be used again. The number, rule name, and final history note remain in the Code permanently for publication and reference purposes.
History Note: Authority G.S. 150B-21.17; 150B-21.18;
Temporary Adoption Eff. November 1, 1995;
Eff. April 1, 1996;
Amended Eff. April 1, 1997;
Temporary Amendment Eff. July 1, 2003;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2011; April 1, 2004;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 23, 2016.