(a)  Informal disposition may be made of a contested case or an issue in a contested case by stipulation, agreement, or consent order at any time during the proceedings. Parties may enter into such agreements on their own or may ask for a settlement conference with an administrative law judge to promote consensual disposition of the case.

(b)  If an agency enters into a settlement agreement after the commencement of a contested case, the agency shall file a copy of the settlement agreement with OAH. The settlement agreement shall be included in the official record of the contested case consistent with G.S. 132-1.3.


History Note:        Authority G.S. 7A-750; 7A-751; 150B-31(b); 150B-37;

Eff. August 1, 1986;

Amended Eff. November 1, 1987;

Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 23, 2016;

Amended Eff. September 1, 2023.